Early bird registration closes tomorrow (Oct. 31) for the Fish Are Food Conference.
Some additional notes of interest about the gathering…
In addition to Jon Crofts of Slow Fish and Codfathers Seafood Market as our keynote, we currently have presentations confirmed for:
– Kelp aquaculture
– Small-scale Indigenous gooseneck barnacle fishery
– Ocean Wise sustainability certification program
– Processing, receiving and vending fish (Province of BC)
– Fish-friendly farming and land management practices
– Exploring a community-supported fishery in Campbell River
We are working to confirm several other exciting workshops, along with a dock tour of fishing boats, a networking dinner on Nov. 28, and a tour of the Walcan processing facility on Quadra Island on Nov. 29. We will be posting details on the conference website (http://www.islandfoodhubs.ca/food-connections-2019.html) and Facebook events page (https://www.facebook.com/events/366580104273540/) as soon as we can.